Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Friday, August 12, 2011

"A Fresh and Crystal Spring . . ."


While singing from my hymnal this morning, I came across a lovely sentence in one of the hymns. It is called "In the Secret of His Presence" by Ellen Lakshmi Goreh and George c. Stebbins. It goes:
"When my soul is faint and thirsty . . .there is cool and pleasant shelter, and a fresh and crystal spring . . .". My soul was refreshed reading about this cool shelter and crystal spring. Looking into the water, my soul is renewed. Allowing the coolness of the shade to give me rest, I rise with renewed strength and hope. Peace envelops me. I feel at one with the Lord and I go out to meet the demands of the day. I can't always go to a physical place to do this, but I can look at the beauty of nature through photographs or just close my eyes and picture the scene. God has given me this wonderful nature to enjoy and to revel in and find quiet for my turbulent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment