Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Storing Up Provisions


It's autumn and time to think about storing up things for the winter months. Barns are chucked full of hay and other grains. Domestic animals are assured of warmth, shelter and food within those walls, no matter what the weather. They are protected from predators as well.

Wild animals, especially the furry kinds are busy storing up their own goodies to ward off hunger during the lean months.
They instinctively provide for the long winter by storing food and making snug shelters. Balled up in the nests in trees, squirrels stay warm and snug.

During this time just past harvest, I store up spiritual food and shelter through God's promises to last me through the wintry months of life. I know I am in safe hands when I listen to the Word of God. He provides for me, covers me, keeps me safe, fattens me on the precious, life-giving promises and brings me through hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment