Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SWEET SILENCE





There is a sweetness to the silence
Of the early morning...
Wrapping around me, bringing peace
To ragged edges of my soul.

Loneliness does not afflict me
At this golden hour.
Each pore and cell revives..
Soothed....strength flows in.

It's that lovely morning hour.
The best of all the day.
A time to think, a time to pray,
A time to get in touch with God.

Out my window
I see lightly falling snow.
Wind, so crisp and fresh
Blows vitality over all.

Creativity rises within...
Shouts to be heard!
Spontaneous words of praise
Pour forth unto the Lord.

Touched by beauty
In morning hours...
Sweet silence
A gift to me from God.

Excerpted from "From A Cry of Anguish to a Shout of Praise" by Crystal J. Ortmann

No comments:

Post a Comment