Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Always Spring after Winter


Journal—March 26, 2013

            Good morning, Lord.  The sky is dark-gray, threatening rain.  Pink froth of cherry blossoms stands out vividly against the backdrop of gray.  Maple buds are bright red and look ready to burst into leaf.  Spring is so beautiful, Lord.  Thank You.

            Today many are still undergoing winter.  Snow is piled high and Spring seems like a distant dream.  Some of us enjoy the beauty of new growth, bright flowers and birdsong, while others are digging out from the frozen wasteland around them.  It’s hard to even imagine that Spring will come. 
How like life.  We all go through seasons of spring and seasons of deep winter. 
 We don’t do it at the same time as others, and sometimes, it seems so unfair that others are reveling in life while we continue to suffer.  I felt that way so often in my life.  It seemed there was no end to the crises.  I despaired of life itself.  All around me people laughed and enjoyed their lives.  They had normal families and normal lives. 
 Why couldn’t I?  Was I so terrible that You needed to crush me more?  Was I being punished?  Always on the outside, looking in at those rejoicing—at least that’s how it seemed.  As winter gradually gave way to spring, I began to realize that others also had their winter moments.  Sometimes those moments were numbered in years of unrelenting pain and anguish.  No one is immune.  Some may be more afflicted than others, but there is nothing that goes unused by You. 
Much pain in our lives is caused by other people, whose sin nature is in full control of their lives.  Sometimes, we are ill through no fault of our own.  Sometime we suffer consequences of bad decisions.
The joy I have found is that nothing is wasted if I give it to You.  The pain I’ve experienced has given me a profound compassion for those who are now in pain and anguish.  I want to share that hope with them.  I felt so often like giving up, yet, You kept me hanging on. Now, I am able to minister hope to the fearful, the anxious, those in pain, those in emotional chaos, those in terror.  I can do it because I have experienced all of those things.  Lord, I pray You will help me to reach many with this message from You.  There is always Spring after Winter.  Whatever is given to You, You will turn into something rich and beautiful.  There is hope in You.
http://facebook.com/gentlyflowingwater




No comments:

Post a Comment