Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Friday, February 1, 2013

Joy in Pain

Weeks of gray, cold, damp weather invades my joints and I hurt.  I am in the middle of a flare of rheumatoid arthritis and am in a great deal of pain in my hands and joints.  I need my hands to write.  Well, basically to do most everything.

The pain reminds me of a time when I cried out to God, asking Him to help me feel again.  My emotions were dead and wrapped in grey, fuzzy wrappers.  A numbness pervaded my being and I wished I didn't need to live this hard life anymore.  During that time, I cried out to God and asked Him to help me feel again.  The pain of my life was so severe, I had gone into emotional shock to protect myself.

I'm so glad He heard my prayer.  I feel alive--in fact, more alive than I ever did when I was young.  I feel excited over life and what God has for me.  I can feel again, and even if some of it is pain, I rejoice, because it means I am still alive and thriving!

No comments:

Post a Comment