Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No Mistake

"You were a mistake!'
"I wish you'd never been born!"
"Your dad hated you.  He didn't even want to touch you for two years after you were born!"
"Can't you do anything right?"
"Quit hanging on me.  What's wrong with you?"
"You'll never make it in life without someone to help you."
"You're such a failure as a daughter."
"You're ugly."
"What's wrong with you?"

Have you heard any of these words?  Did you grow up thinking you were no one of worth?  As a tiny child, you may have heard the spoken or unspoken message that you were not wanted, were good for nothing and certainly, that you were not accepted or even liked.

Perhaps simple needs of a baby were unmet, because your parent couldn't cope with touch and you were made to feel abnormal for even wanting to be held or loved.  You may also have felt you didn't deserve to be loved.  You may have even been physically, verbally or sexually abused.

Having this kind of upbringing has stunted your life emotionally and you feel worthless.  Well, DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!  God's Word says:

"You made all the delicate inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born,  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."  Psalm 139:13-16 (New Living Translation)

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb.  Before you were born, I set you apart . . ."
Jeremiah 1:5 (New Living Translation)

Does this sound as though you were unplanned or unwanted?  You may have been by your earthly parents, but you are infinitely important to the God who formed you and planned for you.  He loves you to the uttermost, even death on the cross.  You were definitely no mistake.


1 comment: