Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Monday, February 11, 2013

OVERWHELMED

When something new comes into my life, I find myself easily overwhelmed.  New facts bombard me.  New demands make me constantly readjust my schedule.  I feel ignorant and sometimes, downright stupid!
Yet, a quiet stirring in my soul says, this is good.  You are alive.  You are learning.  You are moving forward.  Each step is a new beginning.  Not knowing about something does not indicate stupidity.  It indicates that you are willing to learn and grow and stretch.
Even though sometimes I am so stretched I feel like a girdle on a hippopotamus and nervous as can be, I am living life.  I am growing (and not just in the physical realm), despite my almost 70 years.  A new career is mine because I am willing to try and learn.  In spite of a debilitating illness and much pain, I am going forward to fulfill the plan God has for my life.  I do it in His strength.
I am blessed and humbled.
Today I attend my first meeting of the Toastmasters.  I'm going to learn to speak with confidence in a public setting.  That is very much out of my comfort zone, but I am excited to see what happens.
Don't let excuses of age, physical condition, low self-confidence hold you back.  Become what God has planned for you to be and you will gain a new excitement for life, just as I have.

2 comments:

  1. What a great testimony you have to share! Blessings on your attempts to do so. God has your back and He will help you on to victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary Jane. I appreciate your comments and invite you to follow my blogs. I plan to do a lot more with them in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete