Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Power of Choice

It struck me today, as I thought about various things, that a specific issue bothered me.  In the past it brought depression and neediness.  It consumed my life and made me miserable. With sudden clarity, I saw the result of choice.  I could either dwell on this issue and let it make me unhappy and feeling a weight or I could choose to be honest about it with God, and allow Him to control my thought life and attitude.  The former = miserable day.  The latter = day uncluttered with depressing thoughts and bad attitudes.  The heaviness left me as I chose the latter.

God gives each of us this choice, multiple times every day.  The power to drive our lives as disciples of Christ is determined by the choices we make--letting Him guide and lead us leads to success and fulfilled living.

God bless your day and may it be one filled with God's strength to make right decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment