Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Sacrifice of Unselfish Living

During my devotions the past few days, I noted a theme of unselfish living . . . how it is so hard and requires giving up our own desires, etc.  Yet, I learned some important truths while thinking about this concept.
  • The closer I come to Christ, the less of a sacrifice it is to be unselfish.
  • The more I realize that His ways are definitely better than mine and that nothing will satisfy so much as walking in His will, the easier it becomes.
  • By daily practicing, walking with Him becomes a habit that brings life and contentment.
  • His "rules" are never made to stifle, but to bring true freedom.  When that sinks in, bending the rules is not an option.
  • By allowing Him to rule over each day (I didn't say I don't make mistakes or sin unconsciously or even sometimes consciously), I allow His best to become a part of me.
  • Confessing my sin and mistakes restores the balance in my life.
God is good.  He wants the best for me and for all of His children.  I want to allow Him into every aspect of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment