Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunrise Comes Daily Whether I See It Or Not

Winter days arrive in various forms.  Clouds, rain, snow, ice, fog and brilliantly sunny weather are all a part of winter.  I love them all (especially when I don't have to drive anywhere).  Today's sunrise promises a day of crisp air, sun and blue skies.

Sunrises are few and far between in Oregon during the winter.  This is our wet season (which loosely translated means the sun is not seen for long periods of time!).  Even so, when one is visible, it is a special blessing.

It made me think of the fact that the sun rises every day whether I see it or not.  Like the moon and stars, it is there regularly and pays no attention to whoever cannot see it.  It gets on with the job of lighting the universe.


It also reminds me of the way God works, whether I see Him or not.  He is always there, doing His work, comforting, convicting, teaching, protecting, loving, forgiving and the list continues into eternity.  So, I can take heart that even though I don't sense Him, He is still there, bringing light into darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment