Gently Flowing Water

Gently Flowing Water

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

When Compassion Conquers Fear

Yesterday, a wonderful thing happened.  It was a God-thing.  Each day, I pray God will use me to bless someone in His name.  He is faithful to hear and to answer.

Someone wrote with a prayer request.  I can do that.  I can pray, I thought.  But, something that had afflicted me for years suddenly rose to the surface when that request touched an area of great agony in my life.  It was one of those things one doesn't like to think about much less admit to someone else, because of the tremendous pain involved.  It was resolved years ago and let's leave it there.

God had other ideas.  I didn't even question or think twice about sharing this hurt and subsequent healing to another hurting person.  As I did so, I felt a tremendous warmth flood through me and a weight lifting from my life.  Once again, I had faced a fear and realized that God was redeeming "the years that the locust has eaten." 

The subject is not the important part.  The truly important part is being willing to give myself and my doubts and fears over to a God that is able to do "above all we can think or ask."

No comments:

Post a Comment